Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Nov 9, 2013 - Mei Lam Carnival
This service was one of the more different kinds of band performances that we did because the audience was definitely much larger than that of other services. Also, we played for the public meaning that everyone close or who actually lives in the Mei Lam village would get to see our performance. Even though this experience was unique, I could tell from the audience that they didn't really enjoy the music as much as we played to a specific group of people. First of all, this performance was outdoors and we couldn't really even hear ourselves due to the wind noise and the crow talking to each other all the time. Even though this service opportunity wasn't as good as I expected it to be, I still gained many experiences from it and that performing at a larger audience was actually harder than giving out music to a smaller group of people. I really hope that next time, I would be able to perform to a more specific group of people such as the mentally disabled or the elderly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment